Sustainability and Environmental Policy
The earth’s environment is under severe stress from uncontrolled human activity, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually, threatening the survival of our planet, our society and the performance of the Global Coaching Academy’s mission. Global Coaching Academy team members, staff, volunteers and all affiliated with us thus accept that we must, as part of our core activities, work to preserve the environmental sustainability of the planet, at all levels of our operations – in our own practice, as active participants in a community of practice, and as human beings living as a socially and globally diverse collective of social discourse.
Global Coaching Academy aspires to minimise our impact on our environment and maximise the effective use of resources. We strive to achieve this by increasing communication and awareness of our efforts in accordance with this policy and fostering responsible environmental behaviour amongst our staff, volunteers, students, graduates, affiliates and users at all levels.
Global Coaching Academy is committed not only to complying with applicable law in all of our operations but to absolutely minimising our risks and impacts through the development of robust and documented systems to implement, measure, monitor, and disseminate excellent environmental performance and sustainability in an ecological framework both within our operations and to the broader community.
This Environmental and Sustainability Policy is intended to provide a framework to bring together the different accountabilities involved in different areas of environmental responsibility with view to sustainability – not only within our immediate outer physical environment, but also on a personal level within our inner environment, addressing sustainability for all individuals physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, and to clarify the content of these responsibilities in each area. It aims to integrate a philosophy and culture of sustainable development into all the organisation’s activities and to establish and promote sound sustainable and environmental practice in our operations and within our daily lives as human beings living our lives in harmony and unity with one another and the planetary environment.
Global Coaching Academy commits itself to minimising its impact on our environment through
Ensuring all practices and procedures engaged in within this organisation (and any organisation we partner with or any of our partnering organisations) are sustainable and ecological – being for the good of the individual, the individual’s sphere of influence, the wider community and for the good of the planet and humanity
Creating an ethos and culture of sustainability and environmental awareness in our training programs, our dealing with clients, students, staff and the wider community communicated through our actions, marketing materials and team members
Ensuring that all our practices and processes include emotional, mental, physical and spiritual sustainability, creating an environment where our people are supported and assisted as they grow and develop, encouraging them to know their own sense of belonging, self determination, worthiness and uniqueness.
Seeking to adhere, in all dealings, to the Three Principles embraced by the Insight Foundation of humility, appreciation and gratitude; recognition of Divinity in all things; nurture Life in service to all that is.
Providing a safe and healthful workplace
Creating an environmentally aware culture where responsibility and accountability for our own actions is embraced and understood
Being an environmentally responsible neighbour in our community
Conserving natural resources by reusing and recycling wherever practicable and feasible
Using, in our own operations, processes that do not adversely affect the environment
Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organisation
Participating in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding
Using our own professional expertise where possible to assist in the development of solutions to environmental problems
Striving to continually improve our environmental performance
Conducting rigorous audits, evaluations, and self-assessments of the implementation of this policy
Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices
Enhancing awareness among our employees, volunteers, and users - educating and motivating them to act in an environmentally responsible manner.
The Global Coaching Academy will:-
1. Continually strive for ongoing improvement and development of clear guidelines for staff, volunteers and users to adopt sound environmental work practices, and adequate training will be provided to ensure these practices are carried out.
2. Actively support the growth and development of our people through providing ongoing personal and professional development opportunities, mentoring and coaching opportunities, workshops, retreats and any necessary support or assistance to nurture emotional, mental, physical and spiritual sustainability and healthy self esteem.
3. Continually strive to live by the Three Principles, practicing gratitude, humility and appreciation in all dealings with staff, students, clients, affiliates, partners, stakeholders and all people who we come in contact with throughout our daily lives; practicing the principle of the ‘holy encounter’ which acknowledges the Divinity in all things and recognises our equality within the diversity of this Universe; nurturing Life and seeking to fan the spark of Divinity within all we encounter in service to all that is; in a way which is ecological and sustainable for humanity and the planet.
4. Act promptly and responsibly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment. We will report any such incidents to the relevant authorities promptly and inform affected parties as appropriate.
5. Where feasible and practicable, reuse and recycle materials, purchase recycled materials, and use recyclable packaging and other materials.
6. Ensure that our services and products are safe, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and able to be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
7. In our operations minimise materials and energy use, prevent air, water, and other pollution, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
8. In our operations conserve energy by improving energy efficiency and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy sources when feasible.
9. Where appropriate, utilise our particular knowledge and experience to contribute to environmentally sustainable techniques, technology, knowledge and methods.
10. Contribute to the maintenance and increase of biodiversity through our management of our landholdings.
11. Meet or exceed all applicable government requirements and voluntary requirements generally observed in our field, and will in addition adhere to the more stringent requirements of our own environmental policy.
12. In order to continually improve our environmental management system Global Coaching Academy will conduct rigorous audits and self-assessments of our compliance with this policy, measure our progress against our environmental goals, and report our success periodically in our annual reports and elsewhere.
13. Maintain an open and honest dialogue with staff, volunteers, stakeholders, and the public about the environmental, health and safety performance of our operations and services.
14. Ensure that every employee and every contractor is informed of and expected to follow this policy and to report any environmental, health, or safety concern to management so that prompt action may be taken.
15. Include in our criteria for selection of suppliers and contractors their environmental performance.
16. Not invest in companies whose business operations conflict with, or detract from, the sustainability and environmental objectives of this policy.
1. It shall be the responsibility of the management team to establish and maintain policies and procedures to bring these procedures into effect.
2. It shall be the responsibility of the CEO to implement these policies and procedures.
Signature of Policy Officer: Belinda Baillie Date: 10 June 2010
Name of Policy Officer: Belinda Baillie
Global Coaching Academy